[zb4osgi Dev] Integrating ZigBee4OSGi to JSR

Francesco Furfari francesco.furfari at isti.cnr.it
Tue Oct 4 18:02:15 CEST 2011

Hi Shotaro-san,

my answers in line

On 04/10/2011 17.29, Shotaro "Fantom" Uchida wrote:
> Hi Francesco-san
>
> Thank you for your questions.
>
> The JSR proposal once submitted, but now is pending due to
> 1. I should find initial experts/supporters before review ballot.

Well I think in this mailing list there are different experts.
Independently from the open question below we I guess we can provide
some support, obviously we need discuss a bit the JSR process I don't
know in detail, to understand the level of commitment required.

> 2. I should reconsider the schedule.

Yes, at least for me (my organization) October is really early to work
on that.

> 3. Apache license was declined, so need to change the license.

The IPR question is the most sensible issue. We adopted ASL2.0 because
it is the simpler permissive licences protecting the software adopters
(especially industry) from patent ambushes. Which is the license
suggested for this JSR?
After the withdrawal of Apache from the JCP the IPR and governance seems
not so clear.

> This is one-man project, and part of my works for my company.
> There is no deadline for the specification at this time.
> I intend to submit JSR in October.

See my answer above

> Unfortunately there is no supporter but my company.
> I'm trying to contact several companies.

We can try to see if there are people/organization interested in this
specification, ... for example I might introduce the argument at the
coming workshop .. well objectives and interests should be well defined.

> I'm from Japan, Senior Engineer of Valley Campus Japan, Inc.
> I'm afraid I can't see you in Barcellona at this time.

Yes, I understand :-)

my best regards,
Francesco