[zb4osgi Dev] Commercial available HA devices

Stefano 'Kismet' Lenzi kismet.sl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:53:44 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 14:24, Han Alink <h.alink1 at chello.nl> wrote:

>  Hi Stefano,****
>
> ** **
>
> I did some tests as requested:****
>
> When the temperature sensor stops, resetting the device (let it join the
> network again), re-enables communication with the device. So I do not have
> to restart the whole Zigbee4Osgi suite.****
>
> After the sensor stops, another device can join the network and also
> communication with this new device is possible.

It means that the problem is not affecting iether the device itself or the
internal ZB4OSGi queue that handles message for the device. Can you execute
again the test above with the logging enable and can you also check if
 when the sensor join back the ZigBee network if it changes the 16bit
NetworkAddress, because if the NetworkAddress does not change the problem
seems to be the Sensor device itself. For debugging purpose it would be
perfect to have a screenshoot of the ZigBee Tester before that the Sensor
freeze and a second after that the Sensor rejoin

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I also did some more tests with the triple switch:****
>
> Requesting attributes from the device always fails (Up till now I have not
> seen a SUCCESS reaction from that device).

If you post the log may I provide some tips..

> ****
>
> I have bound this device to the Mains Power Outlet and the devices remain
> bounded (communication errors from the Zigbee4Osgi suite do not change the
> binding).

As far as I know, that's the expected behavior, beacuse once A bounds to B
if C cannot communicate either with A or B, the binding from A to B should
not be affected.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Hope this helps in pinpointing the problem. Let me know if I can do more
> testing.****
>
> Thanks for your help,****
>
> Han

Ciao,