[zb4osgi Dev] debugging zigbee4osgi

Han Alink h.alink1 at chello.nl
Thu Apr 26 17:18:04 CEST 2012

Hi Francesco,

My sniffer dongle arrived today!

This is what I found out:

The ZBHT-1 (Temperature measurement device) and the triple switch both are
"sleeping" end devices. They poll for data every 5 seconds. This means that
the timeout value of 5000 ms is indeed to low. The switch stops polling
after about 2 minutes. Sending attribute requests (e.g. ZCL version), after
2 minutes, leads to a time-out.

The switch stays on the network because a push on the button wakes the
device and polls the coordinator again. If I send a ZCL request, and
immediately after that push a button on the switch, the device responds as
expected.

The ZBHT-1 stops this "5 sec. polling" also after about 2 minutes. But this
device keeps polling the coordinator, but only every 3 minutes. Obviously
attribute requests fail.

Does this make sense to you? Please comment.

Did NetVox ask for the poll frequency parameters?

Regards,

Han