[zb4osgi Dev] GE Link Bulb - was: Problem building, nexus.aaloa.org down?

Ryan Press ryan at presslab.us
Wed Dec 10 16:54:08 CET 2014

Hi Philipp,

It says on the bulb: "120V 60/50hz 12W"  I have asked someone on YouTube
who did a teardown of this bulb and he says the capacitors on the input are
rated for 250V.  Now the question is are those capacitors rated VAC or
VDC?  I'm sure the input capacitors are UL rated so those are probably VAC,
but the one after the rectifier I'm not sure.  He hasn't answered my latest
question so I think he has tired of my requests.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa6v4-5LDdk

I have the equipment to test one at 230VAC but if I blow it up I'm out the
$15.

Thanks,
Ryan