Bug #180

Problem discovering devices after revision 584

Added by Han Alink almost 5 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:Closed Start date:02/01/2013
Priority:High Due date:
Assignee:Manlio Bacco % Done:

0%

Category:zigbee.basedriver Spent time: -
Target version:org.aaloa.zb4osgi.zigbee.basedriver-0.8.0
Has a patch:No Has license agreement signed:No

Description

Since some time I experience slow detection of network configuration (devices).
Today, I could not get my dimmable light to join the network at all.
I went back to revision 584 and found that my dimmable light joined and was detected immediately.
Device detection seems to work much faster with this revision..


Related issues

related to Task #183: Manually merge Manlio's branch into trunk Closed 02/24/2013
blocks Bug #163: dimmable Light Closed 10/27/2012

Associated revisions

Revision 638
Added by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

Complted merging for zigbee.dongle.api ( refs #180 )
We will have to update the zigbee.ez430-rf2480.driver or define a way defining different level of ZIC compliance

Revision 639
Added by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

Completed merging of zigbee.tester ( refs #180 )
We may have to update the default configuration as Manlio's sandbox and we have to evaluate if a line of code duplicates device in the TreeView

Revision 640
Added by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

Merging zigbee.basedriver in progress ( refs #183 ), merging incomplete see following note:
- Activator depends to it.cnr.isti.zb4osgi.api.Eventing which is going to be removed?
- NetworkBrowserThreadi, ImportingQueue replace the old discovery algorithm whihc should be added instead of removed ( refs #180 )
- DeviceBuilderThread defines a sort of blacklisting which has to be discussed ( refs #35 )
- ConfigurationService is not used anymore, why?

Fixed wrong end-of-line coding

Revision 642
Added by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

Merging zigbee.basedriver ( refs #183 )
Added the LQI network browser without replacing the old network discorvery ( refs #180 )
Removed experimental API it.cnr.isti.zb4osgi.api.Eventing
Fixed configuration changes on updates ( see ConfigurationService )
Removed permitJoin and lqi attribute from ImportingQueue.ZigBeeAddress type
Removed addressesAlreadyInserted from ImportingQueue because it is a duplicate check perfomed with AFLayer.getAFLayer(driver).getZigBeeNetwork().containsDevice( String, short ) method

History

#1 Updated by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

  • Category set to zigbee.basedriver
  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to Manlio Bacco
  • Priority changed from Normal to Lowest
  • Target version set to org.aaloa.zb4osgi.zigbee.basedriver-1.X

It is normal, the revision r585 has introduced a new algorithm for discovering device based on LQI. Unfortunately, during the merge of the code we replace the old discovering algorithm, while we should have added the new algorithm.

By the end the advantages of the new algorithm is that it discovers all the device, even when the ZB4O is connected either as EndDevice, Router, or Coordinator. The drawback, as you have notice, is that it is a bit slower that the old algorithm.

We are planning to work on a better merging during next weeks.

#2 Updated by Han Alink almost 5 years ago

I have the idea that it's not only slower. It does not detect my dimmable light at all (I waited for about 30 minutes!!).
I hope you can restore the old detection mechanism.

#3 Updated by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

Yes we have to perform a better merging and one of the topic is using multiple discovery mechanism at once...

Please let post here other discovery issues...

#4 Updated by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

  • Priority changed from Lowest to High

#5 Updated by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

During the execution of Task #183 we have added the LQI discovery without replacing the old NWK Address discovery

Please give it a try and close the ticket if it works for you

#6 Updated by Stefano Lenzi almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback

Merging has been performed please give it a try and close the ticket if everything is working as expected

#7 Updated by Han Alink almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Okay!

#8 Updated by Stefano Lenzi over 3 years ago

  • Subject changed from General to Problem discovering devices after revision 584
  • Target version changed from org.aaloa.zb4osgi.zigbee.basedriver-1.X to org.aaloa.zb4osgi.zigbee.basedriver-0.8.0

Preparing for release

Also available in: Atom PDF